Free of their bonds, the group headed north, hoping to return home. But the detours were not yet over!
- The group helped a pixie, Aurendil, escaping a color-changing bird and defeated the bird. The bird was crazed, it seemed. It also seemed ‘polluted’, and the group investigated to figure out more.
- The investigations led to magical poop, and a nest. Goliaths were busy stealing from the nest. Tracking them and trying to find answers to the growing number of questions around this odd bird and why “Avalyrn,” a spirit the goliath worshipped, would have anything to do with it, the group ended up high in the mountains, in a old set of passages. Kazuki found some documents with old myths and legends for someone called ‘The Historian’
- The group made their way through the passages. Elae got semi-eaten by a mimic and then nearly burned to death by Aurora’s insistence on seeing if a trap was in fact a trap.
- The group finally got to Avalyrn’s place and discovered he had a speaker for him, a Vrogi. A little rude exploration, and the group discovered that in fact, Avalyrn is an earthquake dragon. Normally an adult earthquake dragon, she is gone for the moment and has left her very young dragon behind, with her Vrogi Voice to attend him.
- Someone basically became penpals with the baby dragon while he was gone and asked him to carry on doing experiments like his mother did, offering him a set of potions to test. It seems these, amplified by a geode-like area, were used to create the warped Roc. The Roc’s side effects didn’t seem to be what was expected though.
- The group freed the baby dragon’s will o’ wisps, and then stopped them from trying to kill the baby dragon. The wisps disappeared off into the world from there.
- The baby got really upset when it discovered the group read its diary and in general, the group decided it was better to run than deal with a grumpy Psionic Guy and a baby dragon. Probably a good choice.
Curiosity somewhat satisfied, the group continued towards Havenstone through forests and bugs, but weren’t entirely sure of their course, so stopped in a small village. It was discovered Aurora has many strengths, but haggling is not one of them. A duel ensued, WWE-style, and the group quietly continued on their way.
Resting one night, the group was awoken by shouts and sounds of running in the woods around them. A teenager was running away from a small group of dragonborn on lizardback, and begged for help. Elae recognized the teen as a younger version of someone who had tried to kill most of the Band of the Marked during their spirit journeys on Tanyan during the war.
After some basic questions, the group managed to hide him and distract the dragonborn long enough to begin to escaping. Realizing the deception, the dragonborn made to follow, but were held off by Elae instead, giving the rest of the party a chance to get away. Elae fought but was overwhelmed by the dragonborn group, called “Watchers”, partially due to her increasing fever from the insects they’d encountered earlier in their journeys. This resulted in a lot of really weird dreams and hallucinations for Elae, and mounting a rescue operation for the rest of the party. It worked after a bit of destruction, and the group was safely reunited, now adding a new member- Muk, a cocky young psion with a lot raw talent but also a lot of attitude.
From here the group stopped here and there, but within a few days gratefully found themselves at the gates of Havenstone.